So, this is a bit of a cheat recipe and doesn’t actually contain parmesan, but it’s easy and tastes good.
I bought some frozen, breaded chicken tenders from Trader Joe’s awhile back with no exact recipes in mind.
Towards the end of this past week, we were running low on our food budget, so I decided to throw stuff together from ingredients we already had on hand, sans grocery store trip. It was also nice that this meal required very little effort from me to put together.
- frozen, breaded chicken tenders from TJ’s
- TJ’s small jar of marinara
- angel hair nests by Colavita
- leftover fresh mozzarella balls from TJ’s (used earlier in the week)
- and leftover green beans from last weekend’s farmers market trip
I love these angel hair nests – they are already balled up and only take 3 minutes to cook!
local green beans to steam up
The finished product…yum yum! So easy!
Extra Easy Chicken Parmesan
- frozen, breaded chicken tenders (I used Trader Joe’s)
- jar of marinara sauce
- Pre-heat oven according to chicken package instructions.
- Place chicken in oven and cook to minimum cooking time.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from oven, top with marinara sauce, then mozzarella cheese
- Place back in oven and cook till mozzarella is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with pasta topped with more marinara and steamed veggies