As I’ve said before, I’m a veeeery goal-oriented, Type-A person. I love using New Year’s Resolutions to set a slew of goals for the year ahead.
I like making lots of resolutions. I tried to make mine attainable by following my guidelines for making New Year’s Resolutions you can keep.
Here are my New Year’s Resolutions for 2010:
- have date night once a month – I think we say this one every year. I’d like to do better this time.
- get organized – enter important dates into iPhone calendar, find a place for everything in the house, etc.
- start teaching zumba once a week – which reminds me…I need to get business cards made!!
- cook a new recipe once a week – this may be harder than I think. I hope it isn’t.
- eat out no more than twice a week – starting with the Eat in Month Challenge!!
- go to a blog convention – I wanted to go last year but the house kept me away. No excuses this year!
- finish kitchen renovation – sooner than later I hope!
- get house set up (hang curtains, hang pictures/art, set up rooms) – again, sooner than later I hope!
- have a house warming party – we’re targeting SPRING 2010!
- have friends over at least once a month – I heart dinner parties
- volunteer at least once a month – Maybe more?
- go to church at least once a month – Maybe more?
- Read at least one chapter from Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff per week – I’d like to learn how to be more relaxed, overall.
- start a vegetable and herb garden – been wanting this for years…finally have the house and yard to do it!
- take photography lessons – plans for this one have been nearly thwarted thanks to my camera breaking down and being in the shop…grr
- take cooking classes – so many fun cooking classes to take in town. So little money. But, I’d like to sign up for at least one of these.
- Eat at least 1 veggie/vegan meal a week – veggie/vegan meals are fun, nourishing, and something I’d like to eat more often.
- Add strength training to workout – this will help my fitness overall and prevent injuries
- join a gym – gotta have somewhere to do the strength training! Maybe I will join the gym where I’m a zumba instructor? 😉
- find sponsors for one of my fun-filled challenges – meant to do this sooner. Procrastinated…doh! lol
- Have a rockin 30th birthday party – wow…can’t believe I’ll be 30 this year!
- Do a vacation out of the country – we thought we’d go back to the Bahamas every year after our wedding…we haven’t been back since! Not to mention, I’d love to go back to France or visit Italy. The world is so big!
Did you resolve to eat healthier or save money? Join in on the Eat in Month Challenge to help you keep these resolutions!
What’s your toughest Resolution for 2010?0