Hubby always plans something sweet to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but I like to do a little something, too.
Usually, he has dinner or some kind of evening event planned, so I try to go for breakfast, lunch, or early afternoon plans.
This year, like last, I went for breakfast in bed.
How to make a regular breakfast special:
- Add something for the theme – I used a red mug with heart imprints for Valentine’s Day.
- Add something extra – I added some red carnations to make the tray look extra colorful and a chocolate dipped strawberry (leftover from dinner last night) added a touch of romance and some extra red color.
- Cook a fave – we have plans for an early lunch, so I kept the eats small, but hubby loooves his egg and toast breakfasts – he turns them into sandwiches
- Put it on a tray – we rarely eat breakfast in bed, so by putting breakfast on a pretty tray, it makes the simple breakfast seem a little extra special.
- Try to surprise them – I lucked out that hubby slept in a little after I woke up so I could surprise him with breakfast in bed – wouldn’t have been as special if he watched me cook the whole thing! lol
NOTE: I put this together in about 15 minutes because I was worried hubby would wake up. If you have more time, you could bake muffins or cook up something a lil extra fancy. The only thing I would have added for today would have been a Valentine’s Day card. <3
His breakfast: fried cage free egg, toast, chocolate dipped strawberry and 1/2 Larry’s Beans 1/2 Fresh Market Chocolate Cherry Kiss (just for V-day) coffee.
Even Bailey chipped in by getting the paper for hubby. Bailey loooves to get the paper for us. It’s so cute!
My breakfast: fried cage free egg and another of Julie’s Chai tea scones…
…plus some coffee – 1/2 Larry’s beans and 1/2 Fresh Market Chocolate Cherry Kiss. Ooh la la!
Whether you’re celebrating or just passing the day like any other, what are you doing for Valentine’s Day?0