I love my Dark Chocolate Dreams PB, but honestly…I like almond butter than peanut butter.
I haven’t seen chocolate almond butter (I’m sure it exists somewhere, but I haven’t seen it yet), so today…I decided to make my own. Why not, right?
(Most) ingredients gathered: nut butter of choice (mine is Barney Butter), unsweetened cocoa powder.
This recipe should work with any nut butter – sunflower butter, peanut butter, etc. Use what is your fave.
Small, microwave-safe bowl and spoon needed.
Add nut butter to bowl.
Add cocoa powder. Mix just a little (you probably won’t get far because of the consistency).
Add sweetener of choice (I used a combo of organic cane sugar and agave syrup) plus a bit of milk.
Microwave for 10-20 seconds to get ingredients to mesh easier.
At first, the mixture will look odd – a lump of nut butter and a lot of liquid. Keep working the mixture until it comes together.
Voila! Dark Chocolate Almond Butter. Mmm…
I enjoyed mine over basic oatmeal (with flaxseed and chia seeds) and hot coffee.
So creamy, so heavenly!
My batch made enough for toast later!
Dark Chocolate Nut Butter
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice (Almond Butter, Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter, etc)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (use more of less depending on how chocolate-y you want yours)
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (cane sugar, agave, etc) – add more to your preferred sweetness level
- 1 tsp milk (I used organic skim milk)
- Add nut butter to a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Add cocoa powder and mix lightly (you don’t have to completely combine).
- Add sweetener and milk.
- Microwave mixture for 10-20 seconds until it’s easy to work with.
- Stir/combine mixture until it has come together to an even consistency.
NOTE: store in fridge in an airtight container.
Nom nom nom…