Check out this apple deliciousness…
I call it this an Easy Apples Foster Recipe.
I wanted to make a no-fuss dessert that used apples but didn’t require baking. Bananas foster is a favorite dessert of mine, so I thought I’d do a play on it with apples instead. The result was so good, hubby requested it the next day. And by requested, I mean insisted I make it even though I really wanted an apple crisp. Luckily, both are so easy to make, I made one of each, despite being super tired after working all day and teaching Zumba. I love an easy dessert (or two!).
*Vegetarian, Vegan options listed*
- 1 tablespoon butter (or sub vegan substitute, like Earth Balance)
- 1 apple, cored, chopped small (peel optional)
- 1 tablespoon rum, optional (but definitely gives that unique taste to the dish)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- dash cinnamon
- ice cream, optional (use ice cream of choice - I went with a vanilla dairy-based ice cream, but there are delicious vegan ice creams out there made with coconut milk that would be wonderful)
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a large pan.
- Add apples and cook until softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, add rum, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Return to heat, turn heat up a little (I turned mine to between medium-low and medium). Cook until most liquid absorbed, about 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy plain or serve over ice cream.
More Apple Recipes You May Like
- Individual Apple Cinnamon Crisp for Dessert or Breakfast
- Individual Apple Breakfast Cakes
- Healthier Apple Cider Baked Doughnuts
- Healthy Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe
Did you like this Easy Apples Foster Recipe? Consider using one of the share buttons or the Facebook-Like button below.
You can get free The Chic Life updates by clicking here.
Thanks so much for reading!0