With cold and flu season in high gear (and since I’ve spent some time home sick this week), it seemed like a great time to round up some get well soon recipes and DIY/home remedies from some of my fellow (and very talented) blog friends! Click on the links below to check out all the wonderful ideas.
(photos have been used with permission by the respective blogger)
17 Get Well Soon Recipes
Here are some of my blog friends’ favorite recipes that help them feel better or that offer comfort when they’re under the weather (and I’ve included some TCL classics at the end of this section):
2. Cream of Chicken Soup with Cheddar & Herb Dumplings by Hungry Couple (which goes well with this Moist Pumpkin Cornbread also by Hungry Couple)
9. Greek Style Potato Stew by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker (though Kristen also loves a baked potato for comfort food)
12. Chocolate Chip Biscotti by Labna – Amore in cucina (English translation in bottom half of post)
14. The Chic Life post: Mom’s Get Well Soup (A Filipino Recipe – and what I’ve been eating most of the week – add fresh parsley for extra vitamin C)
3 Get Well Soon DIY/Home Remedies
And if you’re looking for more than just recipes, here are some ideas for some DIY/home remedies you can whip up with every day ingredients. Now, this is pretty obvious, but I’ll say it anyway – I’m not a doctor. The information in this post is shared for education purposes only and should not replace the advice of a doctor. Before trying any remedies, you should probably consult your doctor. Okay? Okay! Here we go (and I have one TCL remedy to share at the end of this section):
2. Four Thieves Vinegar by Nourished Kitchen (said to be the garden remedy that survived the bubonic plague)
3. The Chic Life post – Natural Filipino Cold Remedy (using oregano leaves)
*Updated to add this bonus post of Burned Toast and OJ by cbsop.com – you’ll have to read to find out why!*
Did you like this post? Please consider clicking one of the share buttons at the end of this post to share the wealth with your friends and family.
Thank you so much for reading!
Reader question: What are your go-to get well soon recipes & home remedies?