Here’s a new Healthy Granola Recipe: Maple Cinnamon Date Almond (Oil-Free and Only 6 Ingredients). Since I started making granola without oil, I haven’t felt strongly compelled to start adding the oil back in. Why bother when it’s not needed, right? This recipe gives you the flavor and crunch of a great granola using fruit instead. This recipe makes for a wonderful breakfast or snack you can keep in your pantry or office desk.
I made a batch of this healthy granola recipe on a Sunday thinking I may have it for a day or two of the coming week. But, this stuff was so good, I found myself craving it. I had it for both breakfasts and snacks. It was good straight up, but I especially liked it over yogurt. It didn’t take long at all before I made my way through the whole batch. I’m not even sure it lasted a whole week.
This healthy granola recipe is made with maple syrup, cinnamon, dates, and almonds. Did I mention it’s not only oil-free but uses just 6 ingredients? It’s tasty, easy, and won’t be a pain to shop for at the grocery store.
Though it’s not the fastest in bake time, spending some time upfront will save you lots of time later in the week when you can enjoy this no-cook breakfast. The portability was a big saver for me, too. I took about half of it with me to the office and kept in my desk drawer. On the days I didn’t eat before work, I knew I could easily bring a yogurt with me and crack open that jar of yummy granola waiting for me.
- 2 cups rolled old fashioned oats (quick cooking oats can be used, too)
- 1 cup sliced almonds (or nut of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup (or one individual) applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup, plus additional sweetener (honey or maple syrup), if needed
- 1 cup dried dates, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or use aluminum foil and brushed lightly with oil).
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients oats, almonds, cinnamon, and salt and stir to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients apple sauce, maple syrup, and additional sweetener (if using), and stir with a whisk to mix well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until wet mixture is evenly distributed.
- Pour granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread to an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes for 45-60 minutes, or until granola is browned to preference. Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature. Serve with yogurt or milk.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is a great one to keep at work!
I really enjoyed this Healthy Granola Recipe: Maple Cinnamon Date Almond over Greek yogurt and this So Delicious vanilla coconut milk yogurt.
More Great Granola Recipes
More Breakfast Recipes You May Like
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Healthier Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Hot Blueberry Honey Breakfast Quinoa
- Easy Berebere Spiced Egg Bake for One
Hope you enjoy this Healthy Granola Recipe: Maple Cinnamon Date Almond. Happy baking! Thanks for stopping by!0