For me, soup is a year-round fave. But, there are some cold winter days when it just seems extra appealing. I enjoyed cozying up with this Spiced Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup Recipe, and I think you will too. The addition of garam masala gives it a lovely spiced flavor unlike most soups I usually make. The flavor change-up is not only fun but fitting with the season. Who knew one little ingredient could yield so much flavor. And to make things even better, you can have this soup ready in 30 minutes or less.
Yep, bookmark this for your next lazy night. Most of the ingredients can be grabbed from the pantry, and you can make things even easier on yourself by picking up some Trader Joe’s mire poix if you don’t feel like chopping up the onion, celery, and carrot yourself. It’s one of my new favorite time-savers for post-long-work-day meals. Freeze the leftovers in individual serving containers for even easier meals later.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 2 large carrots, chopped small
- ½ large head cauliflower, cut into about 1 inch florets
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon shallot salt (or sub onion salt)
- 1 box vegetable broth
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- chopped fresh parsley, optional, for garnish
- Pre-heat a large pot over medium heat. When ready, add olive oil, onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, garam masala, and shallot salt, and stir together until garlic is fragrant, about 60 seconds.
- Add broth, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cook until flavors have combined and cauliflower is tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Hope you like this Spiced Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup Recipe. Thanks for stopping by!0