Hi friends! A breakfast casserole is one of the easiest ways to use your leftover Thanksgiving or other holiday celebration food. This recipe is super flexible and comes together quickly. And while I’ve made other variations of this before, at least one of them required additional cooking. It’s easy enough to sauté up some kale, but sometimes you just want to mix a bunch of stuff in a bowl and bake it away. If you prefer the latter, then I have the recipe for you! Try my Healthy Leftover Turkey and Veggie Breakfast Casserole Recipe.
*VIDEO* 3 Healthy Thanksgiving / Holiday Leftover Recipe Ideas
This recipe whips up quickly and is great for entertaining family and friends the next day.
I even enjoyed mine with leftover sweet potato casserole and a roll.
Did I mention you don’t have to cook anything extra to make this? No sauté pans = less stress.
And this recipe is totally flexible. Add in your favorite leftover veggies: carrots, green beans, etc. The possibilities are endless!
And the stuffing part is totally optional, but I thought it went really nicely in this Healthy Leftover Turkey and Veggie Breakfast Casserole Recipe.
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used canola)
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked turkey, chopped small
- ½ - 1 cup leftover cooked vegetables (I used roasted brussel sprouts)
- ½ cup leftover stuffing
- ½ cup, cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush an 8x8 inch (or 7½x7½ inch) baking dish with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Whisk in turkey, vegetables, stuffing (torn into smaller pieces if needed) and cheddar cheese until evenly distributed.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center is set (when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- When the egg dish is save for consumption, serve and enjoy!
Note: You can use oil or melted butter to brush and prep your baking dish. You can also use non-stick spray, but I've personally be working that one out of my cooking and baking.
More Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
From the video:
- Turkey Grain Nourish Bowl – very clean eats!
- Health-ified Turkey Tetrazzini (coming soon)
More great ideas:
- Turkey, Veggie Tray, Barley Soup (a simple soup that also helps cook up any veggie tray leftovers you may have from entertaining)
- Turkey Egg Breakfast Casserole (made with kale and smoked gouda)
- Curried Turkey Shepherd’s Pie (give your turkey a flavor makeover with this simple recipe that also uses leftover mashed potatoes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup (try subbing turkey for the chicken!)
- Vegetarian (Or Vegan) Tempeh Shepherd’s Pie (great for those leftover mashed potatoes)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake (adds tartness to a classic cheesecake)
Hope you enjoy this Healthy Leftover Turkey and Veggie Breakfast Casserole Recipe!5