Hi friends! Here’s the second of three Healthy Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas I’m sharing this year. And this one is so easy, it’s barely a recipe. But I put it in recipe format anyways in case you want a printable version and/or a list of ingredients. This is my Turkey Grain Nourish Bowl Recipe, and it’s a winner.
*VIDEO* 3 Healthy Thanksgiving / Holiday Leftover Recipe Ideas
Turkey Grain Nourish Bowl Recipe
In preparing this recipe for you, I made this after one of my weekday workouts. It was perfect for a post-workout meal. And also great for eating as a later dinner. Everything in the bowl is so clean, my body was really happy. I felt really light after eating this, and even my sleep seemed better.
And look at all the nutrition I was able to pack into one bowl. There was so much goodness in one place. Yes!
Since I was feeling particularly lazy, I opted for the extra virgin olive oil + balsamic vinegar combo. But you could easily sub a different sauce if you wanted to get a little more fancy. My idea of fancy was a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt.
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup baby greens
- 3-4 ounces of cooked turkey
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (or sub kosher salt)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium-sized bowl, add quinoa in one section of the bowl.
- Continuing in sections, layer in baby greens, turkey, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Drizzle the bowl with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Dig in!
More Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
From the video:
- Healthy Turkey & Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- Health-ified Turkey Tetrazzini (coming soon)
More great ideas:
- Turkey, Veggie Tray, Barley Soup (a simple soup that also helps cook up any veggie tray leftovers you may have from entertaining)
- Turkey Egg Breakfast Casserole (made with kale and smoked gouda)
- Curried Turkey Shepherd’s Pie (give your turkey a flavor makeover with this simple recipe that also uses leftover mashed potatoes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup (try subbing turkey for the chicken!)
- Vegetarian (Or Vegan) Tempeh Shepherd’s Pie (great for those leftover mashed potatoes)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake (adds tartness to a classic cheesecake)
Hope you enjoy this Turkey Grain Nourish Bowl Recipe as a Healthy Thanksgiving Leftovers Idea. Also, be sure to check out the other recipes in the video at the start of this post. Cheers!3