Hi friends, So I developed a healthy Christmas dessert recipe earlier in the month and took some gorgeous photos of the creation. Only to leave them on my other camera (I have 3 cameras…4 if you count the phone) back in SF. Wahhh. I’ll still share it once I get access to the photos. But in the meantime, here’s another little gem I made for you – a Honey Flax Almond Butter Oatmeal recipe.
This is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe when you haven’t been to the grocery store recently. Perhaps you may want to try it when you get done with holiday travel? Not sure about you, but I’m usually SO tired after holiday travel and am also so not interested in grocery shopping. Even when the appetite calls.
Although not as sexy as some of my other recipe creations, this is the kind of thing I could eat literally every day.
This Honey Flax Almond Butter Oatmeal Recipe is an easy clean eating recipe that tastes good and keeps me full.
I discovered this type of breakfast when I was on my non-restrictive weight loss journey. With a few simple ingredients, I could have a hot, cozy, tasty breakfast that I truly enjoyed eating. Prior to this, I think I just overcomplicated things. I thought too much about what I was eating and then tried difficult recipes. But the back-to-basics approach is what worked best for me. Recipes like this guy.
This recipe is already vegetarian. But if you want to make it vegan, simply use vegan milk and swap the honey for a vegan liquid sweetener of choice, like maple syrup.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (I've been using almond milk)
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- ½ teaspoon flaxseeds
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional, plus sprinkle for topping / garnish
- dash of salt
- 1 spoonful almond butter
- drizzle honey
- In a small pot, stir together oats, milk, water, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, careful to not let the mixture boil. Continue cooking until the liquid is absorbed to your texture preference, about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl. Add a spoonful of almond butter on top. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with cinnamon (if using), and enjoy!
More Clean Eating Recipes to Love
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (refined sugar free, whole grain)
Lazy Low Carb Fried Rice (my go-to when I haven’t gone grocery shopping – uses freezer ingredients)
Pumpkin Pie Macaroons (vegan, raw)
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy this Honey Flax Almond Butter Oatmeal Recipe. Cheers!
Here are some shareable graphics you can use to share this recipe with your friends and loved ones.