Here it is! My Ultimate Planner Supplies List. I’ve been using a paper planner since I was a kiddo and decorating since 2015. Trust me – I’ve tried a lot of supplies over the years. Here are my favorites.
Note: This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no extra charge to you. I have and love the almost all of the products linked below. Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions.
- Paper Mate ball point pen: love how smooth this writes. The ink is non-liquid so no smearing for my fellow lefties. Easy to hold.
- Staedtler Color Triplus Fineliner Pens (Assorted, 20): my go-to color pens. Love the color variety and though the ink is a bit visible on the other side of the page, it doesn’t really bleed through. I find the ink dries pretty quickly too. I’ve been using the same set since January 2015, and they’re still going strong.
- Staedtler Color Triplus Fineliner Pens (Assorted, 36): I’d probably buy this set if I didn’t already have the 20 count.
- Fine-Point Sharpies: Writes on most washi tape and some glossy stickers (see Slick writers for another option). I use this a lot when I’m turning washi tape into banners or label “stickers”.
- Sharpie Permanent Marker, Fine Point, Black Ink (Pack of 12): For when you want a thicker line than what the fine-point sharpies will write.
- Sharpie Metallic Permanent Markers, Fine Point, Assorted Colors, 6-Count: Comes with gold, silver, and bronze (which I think resembles rose gold a bit). Love using the metallic sharpies to write on washi tape (to-do labels, making weekend banners, etc). Looks a little less stark than black Sharpie ink when you have softer / brighter spreads.
- Slick Writer fine point markers in 5 assorted colors: These are the only pens I’ve found that write well on glossy stickers and some more glossy-like washi tapes.
White ink pens
- Uni-ball Signo Angelic Gel Ink Pen 0.7 mm, White Ink: White ink is useful when you’re writing over darker-colored stickers. But I’m not sure they’d write on glossy stickers, so check what type of stickers you have if you want to use these.
- Fiskars 5 Inch Micro-Tip Scissors: Love how compact these are. Makes them easier to travel with. And the fine point tips make it easy for precise cutting for those adorable page banners and what not.
Glue squares / tape
Set of non-patterned / solid wide washi tape
- MT Washi Masking Tapes, Set of 10, Bright Colors: This is the first set of solid washi I bought. This is great for making banners and labels. It’s a bit glossy / slick, so I recommend using a Slick writer on this. See pen list. A sharpie works okay too.
- Crafty Rabbit Solid Washi Tape, Set of 10, Multicolor: I got this as a second set because some colors were different from the MT one above. I recommend the same pens for this.
Set of non-patterned / solid thin washi tape
- Crafty Rabbit Geometric Washi Tape – Set of 8 Rolls: After purchasing this set, I can’t stop reaching for it. With a mix of pink, turquiose, red, and a non-metallic gold-tones, it’s become a go-to for me.
- AllyDrew Tropical Paradise Gold Foil Washi Tapes Decorative Masking Tapes, set of 6: A fun mix of tropical pink, green, and shiny metallic gold.
- AllyDrew Tropical Paradise Gold Foil Washi Tapes Decorative Masking Tapes, set of 6: Also referenced in the patterned wide group. This has 3 rolls of washi with metallic accents.
Dining / meal planning
- me & my BIG ideas Life Quotes: Love adding these colorful quote stickers to my planner for a little inspiration that looks pretty too.
Page flag sticky notes
- Post-It Page Markers (Bright): I use these all the time for pre-planning as well as decorating. These are great for adding events and what not to your planner when they may need to move dates. Like scheduling dinner with your flaky friend.
Decorative sticky notes
Free Checklist of This Ultimate Planner Supplies List
Hope you enjoy this Ultimate Planner Supplies List. Check back because I’ll be keeping this up-to-date with my latest faves!