Here’s a delicious quinoa veggie burger recipe that is crumble-free and easy to make! Dried spices help zest up this Southwest Quinoa Veggie Burgers Recipe.
*Vegan* *Gluten-Free if you use GF bread crumbs*
makes 10-12 medium sized patties
- 1 dry cup red quinoa, rinsed & cooked
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 15 ounce black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium potato, cooked & removed from skin – you can micro-bake it (see above for directions)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- dash cayenne (add more or less depending on how spicy you want your burgers)
- Combine black beans, potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne in a food processor. Pulse till vegetables are chopped finely and contents are mixed.
- Add bread crumbs and pulse till mixed well.
- Add quinoa and pulse till mixed well.
- Move mixture to a bowl and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (this will help the mixture to set and make it easier to form into patties. You can prep your recipe up to this point ahead of time if you’re entertaining and move on to the next step when you’re ready to cook)
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the veggie burger mixture into patties (or balls) and place on the prepped baking sheet.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, till burgers are lightly browned on top (note: if you’re entertaining, you can also cook the burgers ahead of time and re-heat them on the grill)
- Serve with toppings and enjoy!
Tip: Freeze the leftovers for an easy meal later!