Watermelon and mint make for a particularly refreshing flavor combo best enjoyed on a hot summer day. Add some rum for an adult cocktail or serve it straight up as a mocktail for all to enjoy. You can use the mint just for garnish (as pictured in photos) or do like I did and rip (or cut) the leaves into small pieces that are added to the drink.
- 3-4 cups watermelon (seedless, removed from rind, cut into rough pieces, about 1 1/2″ squares), about half a medium watermelon
- 1 cup ice, optional, but gives a nice coolness, so I do recommend it
- fresh mint, optional for garnish
- watermelon wedge, optional for garnish
- Place watermelon pieces in a blender and blend until smooth. Turn blender off.
- If using, add ice to blender and blend until smooth. Turn off and serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint and/or rip/cut small pieces of mint leaves into the drink. Cut a slit in a small watermelon wedge and place it on the top edge of the cup for a fun look.
- Serve and enjoy!