Here’s a super easy way to give chicken full-on flavor – Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken Recipe. Just use tasty soy sauce and vibrant fresh ginger in a quick marinade. Did I mention you only need 3 ingredients to make this?! A quick turn on the grill, and dinner is ready! The chicken is a bit salty due to the soy sauce, so be sure to serve it with plain rice to balance the flavors.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sesame seeds, optional, for garnish
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce and ginger and whisk to combine. Set aside 1/2 the marinade in a small bowl (cover until ready to use).
- Marinate chicken in 1/2 the marinade for 30 minutes to one hour. Note: I like to take a large ziplock bag and roll the sides down. I’ll put the bag in a large bowl (see photos above), add the chicken, and pour the marinade over the chicken breasts. Then, I seal the bag and use my fingers to move the chicken to make sure they’re covered all around by the marinade.
- Pre-heat grill. Grill chicken, brushing with reserved marinade occasionally, until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side, depending on grill type and heat level.
- Serve with rice and vegetable of choice (I liked steamed broccoli or grilled zucchini) and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using. Enjoy!
Prep time: about 5 minutes to mix and 30 minutes – 1 hour to marinate, depending on how patient you’re feeling.