This mocktail is lightly sweetened and light on the lemon flavor. If you want more of a true lemonade flavor, you may want to add more fresh-squeezed lemon juice till it tastes to your liking.
Lemon slices make a great garnish.
A sprig of mint will add color and flavor. Enjoy this outside with friends over BBQ chicken, grilled tofu, or fresh-off-the-grill hamburgers.
Prep time: approximately 1 hour, plus chill time *Vegetarian, Vegan*
- Juice of 5–6 small lemons
- 2 1-liter bottles sparkling water (I like Pellegrino)
- simple syrup, to taste, recipe follows
- 1 lemon, sliced thin, optional for garnish
- mint sprigs, optional, for garnish
- In a pitcher, add fresh-squeezed lemon juice, sparkling water, and simple syrup. Add lemon slices and let drink chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve with a lemon slice in each glass. Add a sprig of mint for more garnish, color, and flavor.
This recipe is super fast if you have simple syrup ready to go. If you don’t, it’s very easy to make. Just make sure it cools before continuing with the rest of the recipe.
!Make simple syrup:
Combine and stir together 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a medium sized pot and turn stove to medium heat. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour in the pot.