Easy Brussels Sprouts and Cheddar Cheese Quiche Recipe is super simple to make. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This is a great use for eggs that are about to expire or if you need to do meal prep for the week and need easy eats. Serve with toast, a salad, and/or fresh fruit to complete the meal.
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 frozen pie crust (see photos for the clean eats version I found at my local health food store)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. When it’s ready, add the butter, oil, and brussels sprouts and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, until the brussels sprouts have softened nicely. Set aside to cool. Wait until the brussels sprouts have cooled before proceeding so they don’t cook the eggs when you add them in the next steps.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk till evenly combined.
- Stir in brussels sprouts, cheddar cheese, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into frozen pie crust and bake for 45-55 minutes, until the center is set.
NOTE: This recipe would be a great use for leftover cooked brussels sprouts (click here for a recipe for sautéed brussels sprouts). Simply skip the brussels sprouts cooking step and if yours aren’t already shaved, chop them pretty small.
NOTE: Keep a frozen crust in the freezer for convenience.
Cooking tip: If when you check the quiche to see if it’s done the center is sunken, then you need to cook longer. The center should be puffed up a bit.