This Pumpkin Pie Macaroons recipe is super easy and makes a great fall recipe. I find it took a little longer in the dehydrator than my original recipe, but the results make for a great fall twist on my classic macaroons.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid state and cooled slightly
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal (or processed almonds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together canned pumpkin, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Add coconut flakes, almond meal, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt and stir until evenly combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (1-inch deep), scoop mixture, pressing mixture into scoop to tightly pack. Remove macaroon from scoop, press together to create a well-formed macaroon with a rounded top. (it may get a little wonky when you remove it from the scoop, so just carefully re-form).
- Place macaroons, well-spaced, on dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate for 8-12 hours, depending on how fast your machine works or how you like the texture of your macaroons.
- Allow the macaroons to cool and enjoy!
Note: Be sure to use plain canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
Note: Be sure to check your ingredient packages if you’re following the gluten-free diet to ensure the ingredients are truly GF. Some are processed on equipment with other items that contain gluten.