Add a vitamin C boost with a simple handful of chopped parsley. Papaya and pineapple give this smoothie bowl a tropical flavor to this healthy smoothie bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh papaya
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (from the box), plus more as needed for texture
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, plus more chopped for garnish
- 1/2 cup granola of choice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place papaya, pineapple, coconut milk, flaxseed, and parsley in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional milk or water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to get the smoothie blending.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy!
Note: Use any milk you’d like. The coconut milk helps play on the tropical theme.
I use Italian / flat leaf parsley