Here’s a super easy way to cook tempeh with a couple pantry ingredients.
Adapted from the Clean Food recipe
- 1 8-ounce block tempeh
- 2 tbsp dijon or grain mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, cut the tempeh into 1/2 inch strips and steam for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, and soy sauce. Then, whisk in the extra virgin olive oil until emulsified.
- Add steamed tempeh to the marinade, stir gently till tempeh is evenly coated, and let marinate for 15-30 minutes. (30 minutes is better, but I was in a rush and only did 15 and it came out pretty good)
- Spread tempeh onto prepared baking sheet, laying the pieces on the wide side so they bake evenly. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn tempeh pieces to other side and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before serving.