Inspired by the quinoa bowls at Cafe Gratitude
Note: This is more of a non-recipe than a recipe since you can use portions of your preference. Below are guidelines for what I used to make a single serving bowl.
Quinoa Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, re-warmed if needed
- 3 leaves of tuscan kale, rinsed and torn into strips
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp each cumin, paprika, chili powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt, pepper to taste
Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp water, depending on how thick you like the sauce
- juice of half a lime (or you can sub a splash of red wine vinegar, about 1/2 tsp)
- dash cumin, paprika, chili powder (use more or less depending on how strong you want the flavor)
- dash cayenne pepper (use more or less depending on how spicy you want the flavor)
- salt and pepper to taste
Quinoa Bowl Directions:
- Fry your egg to your liking, seasoning each side with salt and pepper to taste (a light sprinkling)
- Meanwhile, steam your kale for 2-3 minutes
- Meanwhile also, mix your quinoa with about 1 tbsp of sauce.
- And you’ll also want to mix your black beans with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, along with some salt and pepper and warm through either via the microwave or stovetop.
- Layer cooked kale in the bottom of a bowl. Top with the quinoa mixture. Top with the black bean mixture. Top with a fried egg. Drizzle additional sauce on top.
Tahini Sauce Directions:
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together.