This Individual Peach Blueberry Crisp Recipe taste just like summer! I love using farmer’s market fruits in this simple breakfast dish. Unlike dessert crisps, this one is lighter on sugar and oil/butter. It’s also heavy on the oats so you get a decent grain serving. And did I mention this is an easy way to work fruits into your daily eats? Oh yes. I do this for you, dear reader. 😉 Bake this for breakfast tomorrow! The dish mixes together quickly and you can finish getting ready for the day while it bakes away.
*Vegan if you use vegan substitute for the butter*
- 1 peach – cleaned, pitted, and chopped (I used fresh, but frozen should work)
- 1-2 tablespoons blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp sucanat (or brown sugar – optional if you want your fruit mixture sweeter than the natural sweetness of the fruits)
- 1/4 tsp tapioca starch (or corn starch)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flour (I used spelt, but any will do)
- 1 tsp sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- pinch salt
- dash cinnamon (optional)
- bit of butter (about 1/4 tsp – optional)
- sprinkling of chopped pecans (about 1 tbsp)
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep baking dish (I used a 4″ round ramekin) by brushing the inside lightly with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix peaches, blueberries, sucanat (if using) and tapioca starch. Pour into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, flour, sucanat, oil, salt, cinnamon (I rinsed out my mixing bowl and reused it for the topping – one less dish = easier clean up!). Pour topping over berries.
- If you’re using it, dab small pieces of butter over topping and sprinkle nuts over topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is lightly browned and peach/berry mixture just bubbles at the sides.
- Wait till the crisp is safe to eat, serve, and enjoy!