Have figs and don’t know what to do with them? The easiest thing you can do (besides eating them plain) is blend them into a delicious and healthy smoothie. Since I’m on a Green Monster kick, I decided to add spinach to mine to make it green. This Green Monster smoothie had an unexpected cake-batter-like flavor.
*Vegan if you use vegan milk*
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups loosely packed spinach (or sub 1/4 cup frozen spinach or fresh/frozen kale)
- sweetener of choice, to taste, optional (you can add with the other ingredients or blend and taste first and add in at the end)
- 1 banana (a frozen banana will give you a thicker consistency, but non-frozen works, too)
- 4 figs, stems removed, halved
- 1 cup milk of choice (dairy, non-dairy, vanilla non-dairy, etc.) – I used vanilla soy
- 2 cubes ice
- Place spinach, banana, figs, milk, and ice in the blender.
- Cover and blend until banana/figs/ice is processed and smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
Easily multiplies for additional servings.