Green Monster smoothies are beautiful to look at and delicious to drink. And if you’re not sold yet, they’re good for you, too! Drinking GM smoothies is the easiest way I know to get a vegetable serving in for the day. Also, I don’t typically add extra sweeteners to my smoothies, but I’ve included directions below in case you would like to add some to yours. 🙂
*Vegetarian, Vegan if you use vegan milk* Serves 1
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups loosely packed spinach (or sub 1/4 cup frozen spinach or sub kale)
- 1 banana (a frozen banana will give you a thicker consistency, but non-frozen works, too)
- 1 cup milk of choice (dairy, non-dairy, vanilla non-dairy, etc.)
- 2 cubes ice
- sweetener of choice, to taste, optional (liquid sweeteners, like honey or agave, will work best)
- Place spinach, banana, milk, and ice in the blender.
- Cover and blend until banana/ice is processed and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Taste test and if desired, blend in sweetener of choice to taste.
This single serving recipe is easily multiplied to serve more!