Canned pumpkin replaces the oil typically used to make granola in this Not So Sweet, fall-inspired mix – Autumn Granola Recipe. Enjoy this with yogurt or milk for a quick breakfast or an easy snack.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats, dry
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (or sub applesauce)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (add more for a sweeter flavor)
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup or barley syrup (or sub maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients oats, pecans, pepitas, coconut flakes (if using), flaxseed (if using), cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients: canned pumpkin, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, vanilla, and salt and stir with a whisk to mix well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until wet mixture is evenly distributed.
- Pour granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread to an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes for 45-60 minutes (45 is usually enough for me), or until granola is browned to preference. Remove from oven and stir in cranberries.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature. Serve with yogurt or milk.
Store remaining granola in an airtight container.