Play up fall flavors with this smoothie made with pumpkin, kale, and pumpkin pie spice. A dash of cinnamon (I used the ceylon variety) on top will give a nice kick when you take your first couple of sips. The banana gives this smoothie a lightly sweet taste, but you can add another natural ingredient like honey or maple syrup if you want to take it up bit.
*Vegetarian, Vegan options listed below*
- 1 cup kale, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 cup original (unsweetened) rice milk (or other non-dairy or dairy milk), plus more as needed to achieve desired texture
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin (this will yield a light pumpkin flavor – add more to taste)
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- dash cinnamon, for decoration and flavor
- honey, optional sweetener, as needed (or use maple syrup for vegan option)
- Combine kale, rice milk, banana, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender. Blend till ingredients are combined and smooth, about 1-2 minutes, or until smoothie reaches your desired consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides with a spatula to get everything fully integrated. Taste-test and add sweetener of choice if needed, to taste.
- Pour into a serving cup, and add a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
This single serving recipe easily multiplies to serve more.