Sometimes you just want a simple granola recipe that doesn’t use a ton of ingredients. Here’s an easy recipe that tastes delicious and has less sugar than most granolas and no oil!
- 2 Cups rolled old fashioned oats (quick cooking oats can be used, too)
- 1 cup sliced almonds (or nut of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (or one individual) applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus additional sweetener (honey or maple syrup), if needed
- 1 cup dried dates, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or use aluminum foil and brushed lightly with oil).
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients oats, almonds, and salt and stir to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients apple sauce, maple syrup, and additional sweetener (if using), and stir with a whisk to mix well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until wet mixture is evenly distributed.
- Pour granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread to an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes for 45-60 minutes, or until granola is browned to preference. Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature. Serve with yogurt or milk.
- Store in an airtight container.
Serves 6-8 depending on how large your serving sizes are.
Feel free to sub out your favorite fruits and nuts to customize this recipe to your taste.