Ditch the packets of hot chocolate that come out of a box! Clean eats hot chocolate is just as easy and a thousand times better. Here’s a simple recipe that uses only four primary ingredients.
- 1 cup, plus 1-2 tablespoons oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 rounded teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon, optional
- Place milk in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, place cocoa powder, sugar, and extra tablespoon of oat milk in a small bowl. Whisk until a paste/thick mixture forms and powder is absorbed. Add additional tablespoon of oat milk, if needed.
- Whisk cocoa mixture into milk mixture. Heat till hot but not boiling. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon, if using.
- Serve and enjoy once the drink is cool enough to safely drink.
The directions above are for a stovetop preparation, but you can just as easily make this in the microwave.
Multiplies easily if you need more than a single serving.