Chia seed pudding is a versatile dish that’s super easy to make. Just mix, give it a stir, and then wait overnight…or at least for a few hours. You can serve this any number of ways – with nuts on top, as a fruit parfait, or mixed into smoothies. Get creative! You can enjoy this for breakfast, dessert, or even as a pre-workout snack!
*Vegetarian, Vegan options below*
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (or use agave or maple syrup for a vegan pudding)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mason jar or medium sized bowl, add rice milk, chia seeds, honey, and vanilla. Whisk well until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Cover jar or bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- After about 20 minutes, remove the lid and give the chia seed mixture a good stir. They like to stick together, but if you stir them now, they’ll stay pretty evenly spread out.
- Wait overnight (or at least until the liquid has been soaked up enough, about 4 hours). Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes a small serving size. I don’t usually eat a large serving, so I’ve been able to enjoy this a few times already. The recipe easily multiplies if you’re looking for bigger portions or you’re serving others.