This Amped Up Almond Butter Smoothie takes a classic recipe up a notch with a couple simple, healthful additions. Read more about why these ingredients are healthy above in the blog post.
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened rice milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 date, pitted
- dash of cinnamon
- Place milk, banana, almond butter, flaxseed, and date in the blender.
- Cover and blend until ingredients are processed and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Taste test and if desired, blend in sweetener of choice to taste.
- Pour into a glass and add a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
This single serving recipe multiplies easily to server more