You’ve already seen my recipe for a simple, 3-ingredient almond butter smoothie. This time, I’m bringing you a Boosted Banana Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe! I made a couple simple additions to my basic Healthy Banana Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe to make the smoothie extra healthy. You might even have all 6 simple ingredients in your pantry and fridge now!
My simple almond butter smoothie has three ingredients:
- almond butter
- Related: Love almond butter? Check out Easy Healthy Almond Butter Banana Honey Toast Recipe
Learn about how I boosted the nutrition of my simple almond butter smoothie with 3 simple additional ingredients in the next section.
I added a couple health-boosting ingredients to the basic recipe to turn it into an Boosted Banana Almond Butter Smoothie recipe.
Boosted Banana Almond Butter Flax Seed Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Dates add a little extra sweetness to the flavor of this smoothie. They’re good for you, too! According to The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, a “single date has calcium and magnesium in an almost perfect 1:1 ratio (15 mg to 14 mg), 1 1/2 g of fiber, and more than 160 mg of heart-healthy potassium. There’s even a smidgen of vitamin A, plus trace amounts of a half dozen of other vitamins and minerals.”
Ground Flax Seeds
An article about flaxseeds on whfoods.com says, “The seeds of most plants are rich in nutrients and can provide us with health benefits. Yet flaxseeds are also nutritionally unique and offer us health benefits not found across the board within the seeds food group. The nutritional uniqueness of flaxseeds features three nutrient aspects.” You can read about those three aspects (omega 3 fatty acid content, lignans, and mucilage (gum) content by clicking here.
- Related: Love almond butter and flax seeds? You’ll love this Honey Flax Almond Butter Oatmeal Recipe!
According to Dr. Oz, “As we age, many of us may experience muscle and joint pain due to arthritis. Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can help relieve that pain. Furthermore, cinnamon’s antibiotic properties help prevent urinary tract infections, tooth decay and gum disease, and have been shown to kill the harmful bacteria, E.coli.”
Healthy and delicious!Print
This Amped Up Almond Butter Smoothie takes a classic recipe up a notch with a couple simple, healthful additions. Read more about why these ingredients are healthy above in the blog post.
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened rice milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 date, pitted
- dash of cinnamon
- Place milk, banana, almond butter, flaxseed, and date in the blender.
- Cover and blend until ingredients are processed and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Taste test and if desired, blend in sweetener of choice to taste.
- Pour into a glass and add a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
This single serving recipe multiplies easily to server more
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
- Green Monster Smoothies 101 (plus tips on making green monster smoothies and why they’re good for you)
- Cookies ‘N Cream (Energy Boosting) Smoothie
Hope you enjoy this Boosted Banana Almond Butter Flax Seed Smoothie Recipe with Cinnamon and Dates. What are your favorite ingredients to boost your smoothies?