I love using canned pumpkin to make oil-free granola, so I decided to pull together some classic dessert flavors to make this Healthy Pumpkin Pie Spice Granola Recipe. Whip up a batch for your family or to give out as gifts to friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers. Serve with milk or my favorite way – over yogurt.
- 2 cups rolled old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients oats, pepitas, flaxseed (if using), and pumpkin pie spice, and stir to mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients canned pumpkin, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, additional sweetener (if using), vanilla, and salt and stir with a whisk to mix well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until wet mixture is evenly distributed.
- Pour granola mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread to an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes for 45-60 minutes, or until granola is browned to preference.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature. Serve with yogurt or milk.
Note: If you really love pumpkin pie spice, you may want to add a little extra (maybe 1/2 teaspoon?). Mix up the ingredients, taste test, and add more till you’re happy with the flavor.