Elevate your first meal of the day with a simple Blueberry Oatmeal recipe for stove top oatmeal.
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup rice milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup water
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- pinch of salt
- ½ – 1 teaspoon honey (or whipped cinnamon honey or sub maple syrup for vegan)
- optional toppings: sliced almonds, ground flaxseed, and hemp hearts
- In a small non-stick pot, combine oats, rice milk, water, blueberries, chia seeds, and salt. Stir ingredients together until well combined. Turn heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the blueberry oatmeal reaches your desired texture, approximately 8-12 minutes (depending on your preference).
- Stir in honey. Serve and top with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Note: You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Note: You can add the blueberries at any time. If my blueberries are frozen, I like to add them at the beginning of cooking. If they’re fresh, I will sometimes hold them till the oatmeal is just done to keep the blueberries intact. If you add them sooner, they may cook into the oatmeal, which you may prefer. The latter does give the oatmeal a pretty purple-ish color.