Looking for a new quiche flavor? Instead of basic spinach-feta, why not try this delicious take on a classic? Spanakopita Quiche is a fun quiche flavor to try!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 very small onion (or half medium) chopped small
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup frozen spinach (the loose kind, not the block)
- 1 green onion, chopped small (cut into thin circles)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 frozen pie crust (I like Wholly Wholesome)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. When it’s warmed up, add oil and onion. Cooking, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and stir, cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach, green onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook until spinach is de-frosted, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Note: Be sure to let this cool because it can start cooking the eggs if you add them too soon to the next step.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk until evenly combined.
- Stir in cooled vegetable mixture. Stir in feta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into the frozen pie crust and bake for 45-55 minutes, until the center is set.
Cooking tip: when you check the quiche to see if it’s done, if the center is still sunken, you probably need to cook it longer. I wait until the top is nice and rounded up. I also sometimes insert a toothpick in the center to see if the center is runny or solid.