Here’s a super simple Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe made with almond milk. The whole recipe can easily be made non-dairy by making a couple easy substitutions. Use vegan chocolate chips and flaxseed eggs to keep this recipe vegan. Happy baking!
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (reserve a small handful for topping the muffins)
- 3/4 cup raw fine sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (or substitute Earth Balance)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk (or sub milk of choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with unbleached paper cups.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) in a large bowl and whisk together until evenly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar until evenly combined. Note: It will resemble coarse sand.
- Stir in eggs. Whisk in almond milk until evenly combined.
- Stir wet mixture into dry. Evenly distribute into the prepared baking tin. Top muffins with a few chocolate chips.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until muffin tops are just turning golden brown or until they’re cooked through. To test, insert a toothpick in the center of a muffin and remove. If the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done. If wet batter is stuck to the toothpick, you may want to add another minute or two and check again.
- Cool until safe to eat and enjoy!
Note: Stirring chocolate chips into the dry mixture will help them keep from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.