Enjoy the many health benefits of papaya with this easy green smoothie recipe featuring papaya as the star ingredient.
- 1 cup kale, cleaned and torn/cut into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen papaya
- 1/2 cup almond milk, plus additional as needed
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, optional (or sub agave for vegan option)
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt, optional
- In a blender, add kale, papaya, almond milk, banana, flaxseed, honey/agave if using, and salt if using.
- Blend until ingredients are evenly mixed, about 1-2 minutes. If mixture is too thick or won’t blend, add additional almond milk (just a bit at a time) and retry blending until you get the texture you like.
- Taste test and blend in additional sweetener, if needed. Enjoy!