This recipe is drafted for crisp-tender squash. Cook longer for a more tender squash result.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into half circles (about 1/4-1/3″ thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 5 leaves basil, sliced
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When it’s ready, add onion, and cook stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes, until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add squash, salt, and pepper, and cook until edges are just browning and squash is crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in basil and additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan, clean eating, healthy