This Healthy Maca Macadamia Hot Chocolate recipe is energy boosting and tastes great too! Perfect for a gentler pick-me-up than coffee. Not to mention maca has many other wonderful health benefits.
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/3 cup macadamia nut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon, to add on top, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, maca powder, and sugar. Whisk in water until a paste forms. Note: You may need to add a bit more water.
- Whisk in macadamia nut milk until evenly combined. Note: You may want to add the milk slowly and work the clumps out. It may seem like a mess for a minute, but just keep whisking, and you’ll get there. Trust me!
- If you’re using an Epica steamer, set aside 1/3 cup of the chocolate mixture. Next, heat up the remaining mixture either stovetop over low heat or in the microwave until it reaches your desired heat. About 5-7 minutes stovetop or 1-1 1/2 minutes in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, pour the chocolate mixture you previously set aside into the frother and froth according to product directions.
- Pour the main portion of hot chocolate into a mug and top with the frothed hot chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like and enjoy!
Note: I used the Milkadamia barista formula macadamia nut milk so I could use my frother to make it a little fancier
I used Navitas Naturals maca powder and Milkadamia barista style macadamia nut milk