Honey Flax Almond Butter Oatmeal Recipe is a great recipe you can make with simple pantry ingredients. Delicious and filling! This clean eating breakfast recipe is a winner. Add as much or as little honey as you’d like.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (I’ve been using almond milk)
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon flaxseeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional, plus sprinkle for topping / garnish
- dash of salt
- 1 spoonful almond butter
- drizzle honey
- In a small pot, stir together oats, milk, water, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, careful to not let the mixture boil. Continue cooking until the liquid is absorbed to your texture preference, about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl. Add a spoonful of almond butter on top. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with cinnamon (if using), and enjoy!
Make it vegan: Use vegan milk and swap the honey with maple syrup (or other vegan liquid sweetener of choice) to make this recipe vegan.