Who wants a healthy chocolate breakfast?! This Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe with Sunbutter is a simple clean eating recipe made with pantry ingredients, like leftover canned pumpkin, so you can sneak some veggies into breakfast!
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (I’ve been using soy or coconut milk)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1-2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional, plus sprinkle for topping / garnish
- dash of salt
- 1 spoonful sunbutter
- In a small pot, stir together oats, milk, water, canned pumpkin, cocoa powder, maple syrup, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, careful to not let the mixture boil. Continue cooking until the liquid is absorbed to your texture preference, about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl. Add a spoonful of sunbutter on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon (if you’d like), and enjoy!
The sunbutter is optional, but I like to add it for extra flavor and to make it a little more filling.
Tailor the ingredients to your taste.