This Spaghetti Pasta with Veggie Sausage and Marinara Recipe is so EASY and TASTY! Great for weeknight meal ideas for your busy work day dinners. This is mostly clean eating and you can use regular or veggie sausage.
- 8 ounces of spaghetti pasta (about half a box)
- 1 25-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Italian spices, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 veggie sausages, cut into small discs (about 1/4″ wide) – I used Tofurkey Plant Based Sausage in Italian flavor (see note if using meat sausage)
- Cook spaghetti to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat sauce in a large saucepan over medium heat. Season with garlic powder, Italian spices, salt, and pepper, as needed.*
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and set aside.
- Add sausage slices to sauce, stir in, and cook for 2-3 minutes to warm through. Note: for non-veggie sausage, you may want to brown the sausage in a sauté pan while the pasta is cooking. The veggie sausage used is already cooked through, so for these directions, they only need to be warmed up.
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to evenly coat pasta. Cook for 1-2 minutes to combine.
- Serve with roasted or steamed veggies and enjoy!
*Many marinara sauces are pretty good straight from the jar. As you’re cooking, do a taste test on the sauce and add spices till it tastes like you like. I usually add about 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Italian spices, couple dashes of garlic powder, and little salt and pepper.
You may even want to try other jarred sauces. Experiment and enjoy!
If you do use other sausages, do ensure they’re cooked prior to adding them to the sauce.