This Healthy Pumpkin Pie Stovetop Oatmeal Recipe is the perfect fall breakfast to cozy up with. Find a snuggly spot on your couch, grab your fuzzy blanket, and enjoy fall food heaven.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 heaping tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, optional
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkle pumpkin pie spice
- spoonful of pumpkin spice peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- handful pumpkin seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- In a small pot, combine oats, milk, water, pumpkin, chia seeds (if using), maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir together and turn heat to medium low.
- Cook oats, stirring occasionally, until they reach your preferred texture & consistency, about 6-8 minutes. Note: There are many types of oats – the thicker, the longer they will take to cook. Check the cook time on your package to be more exact on preparation time.
- Pour oats into a serving bowl and top with peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon (if using). Enjoy!
- Customize the ingredient amounts to suit your hunger / portion preference and preferred flavors.
- The toppings are optional – feel free to add your favorites.
- Use a vegan milk to keep the recipe vegan. Oat, almond, and soy will yield a nice creamy texture and flavor.