Click for this EASY, delicious, and gorgeous pink beet latte recipe. This healthy beetroot latte is a great caffeine-free, health-boosting alternative to coffee or tea if you still want the frothed milk vibes. This is also great for any pink-themed events or holidays, like birthday parties, Valentine’s Day, Easter, bridal parties, or baby showers. Or enjoy as an everyday treat! This is vegetarian and gluten-free (as long as you ensure the products are gluten-free). If you use vegan milk, this recipe is also vegan.
- 2–3 teaspoons beetroot powder
- 1 cup hot water (around 208 degrees Fahrenheit, around boiling)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oat milk (or milk of choice)
- Add beetroot powder to a medium-large mug and whisk in hot water. Stir in maple syrup.
- Add milk to a milk frother and froth according to instructions. Note: I use a frother that also heats the milk. If your frother doesn’t heat up the milk, you’ll want to heat the milk prior to frothing.
- Pour frothed milk into the beet mixture and stir to combine.
- Optional: garnish with a light sprinkle of beetroot powder.
- You can use more beetroot powder if you’d like. I find that around 2-3 teaspoons gives me a pretty pink color and enough of a beet taste without overwhelming me. Sometimes when I’ve tested adding more, it seems like a lot of the beet powder falls to the bottom of my cup and doesn’t get consumed.
- See note in the blog post about frothers. I prefer frothers that also heat the milk vs an electronic whisker.
- The ingredients are gluten free, however please ensure the product you’re using verifies they are gluten free since some products can be at risk of cross contamination depending on their production facilities, etc.