Here’s an easy green smoothie recipe that uses just a few ingredients. It’s also a great way to use up extra cut papaya or frozen papaya.
- 1 cup kale, ripped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup frozen papaya
- 1 cup coconut milk (from the box)
- optional – honey or agave, to taste
- In a blender, add kale, coconut flakes, papaya, milk, and honey/agave if using.
- Blend until ingredients are evenly mixed, about 1-2 minutes. If mixture is too thick or won’t blend, add additional coconut milk (just a bit at a time) and retry blending until you get the texture you like.
- Taste test and blend in additional sweetener, if needed. Enjoy!
Note: Adding the ingredients in the suggested order will help keep the kale and coconut flakes from flying around and getting stuck to the sides of the blender cup.