Here’s a super simple tempeh recipe that can be made with or without the veggies cooked into the sauce. See the note in this blog post for details.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or sub soy sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 package tempeh, cut into small rectangles
- 1 cup frozen green peas, optional (or add prepared vegetable of choice to the bowl)
- Brown rice
- fresh basil, to garnish
- In a large saucepan, bring coconut milk to a simmer. Stir in green curry paste, brown sugar, coconut aminos, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring frequently for two minutes.
- Stir in tempeh pieces and cook for 10 minutes over simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peas and cook for 2 minutes, or until peas are cooked through, over simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with brown rice (or base of choice). If not using peas, feel free to add your favorite prepared vegetable. Garnish with fresh basil.
Tempeh Tip: The size of your tempeh pieces is not important. Cut to your preference. I like to cut mine in 3 even pieces down the long end and then 11 even pieces down the short end. To simplify, I cut down the short side in half, then halved those halves, and then cut each of those pieces into 3 even pieces. Then I cut those evenly with 3 cuts down the long end.