This Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake Minis Recipe is delicious without being overwhelming. Enjoy this any time of year, though I do especially enjoy it in the fall.
Note: this recipe is vegan if you use vegan chocolate chips.
- 6 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour (or sub flour of choice)
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats (or rolled oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sucanat (or sub sugar)
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used canola), plus more to prep the ramekins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two ramekins by brushing the inside area with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, almond milk, sucanat, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, careful to not overmix.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the cakes are cooked through (test by inserting a toothpick inside the center of the cake – if it comes out clean, they’re ready. If batter sticks to the toothpick, they need to cook a bit longer).
- Let cool until safe to eat and then scoop straight out of the ramekin to enjoy!
Note: I used ramekins that 3″ diameters. I got them at Crate and Barrel.