Have your cake and eat it too with this Lazy Low Carb Fried Rice Recipe (Still Made with Rice!). By cutting the rice in almost half, you can reduce your carbs while also upping your veggie intake. Great for those days when you’re not getting your vegetable servings in earlier in the day.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen riced Cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen brown rice
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- sprinkle garlic powder
- sprinkle black pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Pre-heat oil in a large sauté pan. When pan is ready, add oil and broccoli. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. See Note regarding cook time.
- With 6 minutes left, add the cauliflower. Continue to stir frequently.
- With 5 minutes left, add the brown rice and edamame. Continue to stir frequently.
- Stir in sesame seeds, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- With 1 minute left, drizzle 1 teaspoon of soy sauce around the pan and stir until well combined. Add more soy sauce, to taste. Serve and enjoy.
Note: Cook times can vary between frozen vegetable products. Please check the cook times. I add them in the order of which takes longest and set a timer for that cook time. When the time left on the timer is equal to the cook time of the next vegetable, I add that in.
This recipe is for a smaller meal. You can change the portions of any ingredient fairly easily, including adding more to make this a more size-able meal. Make this recipe yours!