If you like Golden lattes, you’ll love this Golden Oatmeal Recipe with Turmeric and Sunbutter. This anti-inflammatory clean eating recipe is easy and fast for a quick, delicious breakfast.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup milk of choice (I’ve been using coconut milk)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional, plus sprinkle for topping / garnish
- dash of ground black pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 spoonful sunbutter
- In a small pot, stir together oats, milk, water, maple syrup, chia seeds, turmeric powder, cinnamon, black pepper, and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, careful to not let the mixture boil. Continue cooking until the liquid is absorbed to your texture preference, about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl. Add a spoonful of sunbutter on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon (if using), and enjoy!
Make this vegan by using vegan milk. I used coconut milk, but almost any milk should work.
While I always encourage you to adjust my recipes to your taste and needs, I did want to point out that as noted in the blog post details, the black pepper is critical in making the turmeric effective.