This easy and delicious clean eating soup recipe is wonderful for weight loss and/or maintenance. Try this Quick Veggie Bean Soup Recipe for an easy dinner with simple and tasty leftovers for lunch or school!
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice (EVOO or organic canola oil work)
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 32-ounce container vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes (low sodium)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder/granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-1″ pieces (I do half-moons)
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is ready, add the onion and cook until just browning, stirring frequently, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth and tomatoes with juices. Stir. Add bay leaves, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder/granules, and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Add beans, stir to combine and cover. Bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli, zucchini, green beans, peas and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add additional salt and pepper, if needed, to taste.
- Serve and let rest to a safe temp and then dig in! Bon appetit! Serve with hearty whole grain toast topped with a drizzle of EVOO and sprinkle of sea salt for extra filling power.
Be sure to add a side of whole grain toasted bread, crackers & hummus, or something else to make this a full meal. Otherwise, this soup may not be enough for a full meal. Or you’ll need to plan for a snack a bit later. 😉
Note: You can substitute whichever beans are your favorite: chickpeas, cannellini, black beans – up to you!
Keywords: Soup, Weight Loss