Use simple pantry ingredients to do this grilled cheese twist – this Italian spiced grilled cheese sandwich recipe is easy and delicious! And I share a tip on how to make this healthy without compromising taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 2 slices clean eating whole grain bread
- 1 thick slice cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- dash Italian seasoning
- dash garlic powder
- Pre-heat a sauté pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add 1/2 teaspoon butter. Spread with a spatula while it melts to roughly the size of your bread.
- Place bread on melted butter. Top with cheddar, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Top with other slice of bread. Dabble top with remaining butter. Cook until bottom of bread is golden brown.
- At this point, the top butter should have softened. Spread evenly on top slice of bread. Flip. Cook until bottom of bread is golden brown.
- Slice in half, serve with chips, fresh veggies, and fresh fruit, and enjoy!
Note: You could melt the second half of the butter in a way similar to the first. However, I personally find the recipe method easier. Where do you put the half-cooked grilled cheese while you’re melting that second portion of butter? I guess you could put it on your plate. But my lazy method has worked well for me, so I thought I’d share it. Cook your grilled cheese however you like. The spices are the real key in this recipe.
Keywords: lazy, easy, vegetarian, work lunch